Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys
If you have been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence of alcohol (DWI or DUI) in or near Tarrant County, lawyer Wes Ball urges you to contact him as soon as you can. Time is of the essence if you wish to:
- Keep or recover your driving privileges
- Stay out of jail or get out of jail
- Fight any potential loss of your driver’s license, either temporary or long term
- Avoid a criminal record if at all possible — the most far-reaching potential consequence of your DWI charges
DWI Stops Happen To People Of All Social Classes
Do not let shame or fear get in the way of taking charge of your own future after a drunk driving arrest. It doesn’t matter if you believe you are not guilty. You may not have consumed alcohol at all! Your arrest may have been the result of medications you were taking with a prescription. Wes Ball has a strong track record defending people charged with DWI/DUI under all types of circumstances.
Whether this is your first DWI arrest or a repeat offense charge, our experience can work in your favor. During your initial consultation, Wes will help you understand that:
- DWI charges affect people who have never been in legal trouble before, people who are only occasional drinkers and people who haven’t consumed alcohol or any prohibited substance.
- DWI laws express public policy designed to keep the roads safe.
- The cost of quality legal representation after a DWI arrest may seem high, but the costs of a conviction are much higher and longer-lasting for many people.
- Wes Ball‘s experience as former prosecutor and career defense attorney can be a great asset in your case.
The Painful Truth About A DWI Conviction
A DWI/DUI is not a traffic ticket. It is a more serious offense that carries a penalty of up to one year in jail and up to a $6,000 fine for a first offense. Repeat DWI offenders increase their exposure to fines and jail sentences, and in instances of two or more prior DWI convictions, a felony charge with prison time as a punishment.
If you are convicted of DWI/DUI, you will have a permanent criminal record. Deferred adjudication probation has been added back in to the punishment scheme for some limited DWI cases. Your auto insurance rates will increase. For people in certain professions such as professional drivers, pilots and other licensed professionals, a DWI conviction can destroy a career. There is a NEW law which provides an opportunity for some convicted of DWI to have their record of conviction sealed through a process called a non-disclosure. Former DWI surcharges have been removed and replaced with significantly larger fines.
Arlington, Fort Worth, Tarrant County DWI/DUI Defense Attorney | Drunk Driving Arrest Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime in Tarrant County or anywhere, you should hire an attorney if you seek a thorough, personalized approach. Contact board-certified criminal law attorney Wes Ball in Arlington. To ask a question or in an emergency, call 817-860-5000, twenty-four hours a day.